Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week 5: Building Base Knowledge (Part II)

Here it is week 5 when I am to write about what I have gained/learned from the NPR and Locus.  NPR has been helpful in giving me some awareness of popular titles for  customers.  When I combine the choices  with Early Word and other sites it gives a complete picture of what will be asked for.  In the most recent perusal of NPR  I was impressed with And the Mountain Echoed by Hosseini.  I want to remember that in his new  book Hosseini does not focus on " the political turmoil but family loss".  The setting  is in Afghanistan partly just as in His other books.   NPR  has interesting lists that are helpful.  I like the availability of non-fiction titles that are offered.

Locus is the other site I was going to frequent.  Opening the site has proved to be a difficulty in at least 3 of the days that I have attempted to visit the site.  I am not ready to weigh in on how this site has helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment