Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week 9 Reflection on the Readers Services Training

Starting this training, I was uncertain of what to expect .  Although at times there was grumbling and complaining among the staff about the assignments inside of assignments and the time it was consuming to complete, I do believe I gained some knowledge from doing the readers' service training.  I don't know if I gained the kind of knowledge desired or if spending more time to be more thorough on my part would have made a difference.  I am aware of the many sub genres which I was not aware of before.  I am aware of some blogs and sights I can visit to help in readers services in genre I'm not as familiar with. Once Lotus was working I found it very informative for Science fiction.  Having to think through book recommendations seems to have helped keep these books in my memory and also to make me think about books that cross from fiction to non-fiction even as I'm putting staff recommends on the shelf.  It has made me aware of tools that I was not aware of.  I'm not sure how many of the tools I will use as it seems like there are so many.  I have to think through how this works for me  in dealing with customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment